Personal Childhood web

In my childhood  I was fortunate enough to have a large web to help nurture and take care  of me.  My mother was a single mom who worked as a Board of Education elementary school teacher for 37 years. my parents were divorced by the time I was 3.  While my Dad wa always there  I had 5 women who gave me all they had to help me become the person I am today.

First and foremost  is My mother Pamela.  For many years she woke up at 5 am to get ready for work .  She would drop me to my Grandmother Eleanor's house to be taken care of everyday.  My mother in her quest to provide me everything in life worked hard not only as a teacher,  she tutored (still to this day), and she cooked, cleaned and played with me daily.  Even to this day when my boys or I need her she is right here to help us out.  She has always  given with all her heart to fullest capabilities to us.  I had struggles in school as a child ans she made sure I got the extra instruction I needed.  Now she does that for my children and instills in them the importance of education.

My second they come as a team are My Grandmother Eleanor and my Aunt Donna,  these 2 women worked tirelessly to help my mother and me year after year.  They would take me to school and pick me up.  They cared for me until my mother would get home from her long days.  My grandmother would do my homework with me and made sure I looked perfect for school.  My aunt gave me constant care and was my voice of reason during my times of stress.  My aunt is my soulmate  she came with me and my husband as I gave birth to my 3 children  she held my hand through three very difficult births.  SInce then she has helped deliver 5 of her own grand children.

Third or my other team of aunts Eleanor and Rosemary.  They have always instilled in us a sense of family and the importance of the holidays and spending them together.  We have a very large family and we are fortunate enough to have each other.  This past summer my cousin Craig passed suddenly and it is because of the family values we were taught we were there to support each other.  My aunt El exudes strength after losing her son.  She is strong for us even though she is in pain.  My cousins and I were raised as brothers and sisters so our loss was so great as anyone can imagine.


Finally my Dad .  While it easy for me to live with  divorced parents and father was always there.  As i grew into a women he said to me He knows he didn't always do the best thing for me but her would make it up to me.  I am so lucky that my children have a grandfather who gives o himself to them . He makes sure he visits them once a week and stays involved in their current interests.  He is going to be 70 and still working hard.  He shows my children how important your word is and how important it is to work hard.



Comments

  1. Your children are lucky to have such a supportive and caring grandfather. Unfortunately my unborn children (whenever i decide to have them) wont get to experience the pleasure and love of having an amazing grandfather, i miss my father so much, he passed away 7 years ago =(. Great family web, I am looking forward to reading more post from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am so thankful for him and I am sorry about your father

      Delete
  2. Love the pics!! I enjoyed reading about the people that played a significant part in your life. It is great to see how they each inspired you. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    I love that you had a large family who nurtured you through it all. You had many places to turn. The women who supported you most sound amazing. I love good family ties and strong family bonds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Stressers

Research Simulation

Immunization