Childhood Stressers
In the past few years, my family had a lot of financial difficulties, there was not enough money for bills and food, I was working between 2 to three jobs, taking any kind of work that come my way. Having 2 small boys on top of it was very difficult to manage. I always needed help to watch them and was always shuffling them around from place to place. They had no order no structure and constant chaos, they were always crying and upset They started to withdraw and struggle in school. The became very clingy to me. Their eating habits were terrible. I had to take better control of the situation. Thankfully I was able to find more stability in work and able to be available for my children on a constant basis. They are happy well adjusted and thriving as a 13, 11 and 8 year old young men. Extreme poverty leads to stunted development, limited future productivity as adults, and inte...
Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteGood job on your picture collage. I also chose to do one as well. I felt as though it was the best way for me to visually get my point across. Pictures can say a thousand words. I am a visual person. It is the best way for me to learn. I think you did a good job at summing up this course with the pictures you chose. I especially love the one by Maya Angelou, "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength." Amen to that, Maya! Thank you for sharing!
Jennifer
Hi Stepanie,
ReplyDeleteGreat Post! However, your pictures expresses diversity, that is important in the classroom. The children's and families would be strengthen, as they learn how to appreciate difference and similarities in others. These pictures are meaningful to what we have learned through this course. thanks you for sharing as well.