Refugee

Image result for refugee


The items I would take as if I was a refugee, would be my children's pictures, my grandmother's Ellis Island Papers, and my father's Army Medals.     

The importance of the photos is so my children would have references for their memories, and family friends, and events in their lives,

The importance of the Ellis Island paper is to show how my family came to be American, how they got here,   the trials and tribulations of their journey, and to embrace they have a heritage they came from

The importance of the Army medals is to show how my father fought for this country so people have rights to defend their place here.

IF I had to choose one Item to keep it would be the photos.  There are stories behind each photo and events that helped my children become who they are.   The photos help spark memories will encourage the passing for the family traditions we have embraced.

Letting go of some of the items in my life is like letting go of parts of who you are and where you came from.  As I keep the pictures it makes me realize how important it is to have family and traditions  part of our culture which we can always hold on to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Stressers

Research Simulation

Immunization