communication skills










Image result for effective communication
While doing this assignment I was watching Criminal Minds,  In this episode  Hotchner ( the 
director) and Morgan(the agent)  were in a conversation.  Without the volume on they 

seemed very aggressive, and at point disinterested in each other. Their body language 

seemed to be tense.  The 2 men seemed to not be getting along     Once I rewatched this 

scene,  I found they were not aggressive, Morgan was upset with a situation that had 

happened and Hotchner was trying to understand and support Morgan while maintaining an 

appropriate and professional demeanor. I have learned that communicating on a 

professional level with colleagues  we must maintain a  certain demeanor as well as use 

effective skills, such as  Listening.  respect, open mindedness, empathy.  I also learned 

body language and facial expressions are a huge part of communication  and conveying a 

message and how the receiver with accept the message.




Comments

  1. Stephanie,
    Great show choice. I, personally, have never seen Criminal Minds, but I know a lot of people who have seen it and enjoy it. You are so right in that communicating effectively with colleagues we must maintain a positive outlook and demeanor, whole maintaining active listening skills, empathy, respect, and an open mind. Those characteristics are so important and must be encouraged among colleagues. I love the picture you chose! It is so true that it is what you do not say that counts. Non-verbal communication and cues can be easily misread, so it is good to regard them as cues, instead of facts (O'Haire, Wiemann, Mullin, & Teven, 2015). Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Great job, I really enjoyed reading your post!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    I enjoy the show Criminal Minds and can imagine that quite a few people would appear as aggressive without being able to hear what they are saying! I think that sometimes people can give off the wrong impression when they are serious, even if they do not intend to. I agree, it is very important to maintain a professional demeanor while at the work place. This assignment taught me how critical body language and facial expressions are when communicating as well. Lastly, I love your graphic and all the explanations of some forms of body language and facial expressions...that can very be helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Stressers

Research Simulation

Immunization